Friday, March 14, 2014

TONY: There's a Price to be Paid

...and I had a suspicion it would be steep!  The net on today's check is $517.04!

I normally clear >$2500 on my mid-month paycheck when flying a normal schedule.  (Normal, for me, is my line plus 1 extra 15-20 hour trip, or so.)

In order to keep my Reserve Experiment pay in perspective, I was only paid for 71 hours (83 hour Reserve guarantee less 3 days of Emergency Drop/No Pay at 4 hours each).  Had I received the entire 83 hour guarantee amount, I would have made approximately $630.00 more, less taxes.

It is a significant difference in the amount I'm accustomed to "bringing home" but, may I remind you, I only actually worked 2 hours, 44 minutes for the month?

For clarification purposes, this pay amount represents:

25 hours                                      $1313.25
"Clean Up" Pay (approx 6 hrs)        369.08
Per Diem                                           17.65
Health Credit                                     24.00
----------------------------------------------
Total Gross                                 $1723.98

(The NET amount of $517.04 is the gross less taxes and LOTS of deductions!)

No comments:

Post a Comment