Saturday, February 8, 2014

TONY: FINALLY, A RESERVE ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

Between 2000 and 2100 last night (my 4th consecutive duty period ended at 1900), I logged on to CCS and was surprised to see my very first Reserve Acknowledgement screen:


I've been logging in every night, as instructed, at various intervals after 8 but before 9 p.m. and this is the first time I've gotten what I was told to expect (previously, just after 2100 each night, I logged in and took a screen shot of the Reserve Availability display showing my Call-Out G assignment for the next day, just in case. [Thanks to the helpful folks on the "Reserve Life" and "HTA Reserves" FB groups for the heads up!]).

Thusfar, my preference of "Reserve Minimize Flying" is working; I've never been closer than half-way down the second page of FIFO to a trip and am usually on page 3, as I am today.  So, as I near the end of my biggest exposure (6 consecutive duty days), it's time to start planning for the rest of the month.  After all, since the month is an experiment, I'd like to try out all of my options.

After my 4 "immovable" days off next week, I return to a duty day on 2/14, 2 CQ days on the 15th and 16th, and 2 more duty days before another day off.  Thereafter, I have 3 duty periods of 3days each, separated by either 1 or 2 "regular" days off.  I think I'll preference "Request To Fly" on the first of those 3-day blocks.  If a 4, 5, or 6 day trip is available, CS could roll my day/s off to allow me to fly it.  (Perhaps I'll even try to "pick-up" a trip from Reserve Open Time [NOT to be confused with regular Open Time] as I come back from day/s off.)  If no open flying is available, my next choice would be Airport Alert but I'm not terribly anxious to try out that option!

I suppose that there's a distinct likelihood that I'll go the entire month without having to put on my uniform!  If that's the case, I will earn my 83 hour guarantee plus 5 additional hours for CQ for a total of 88 hours but NO per diem.  It's still too early to begin drawing conclusions, though.  

Maybe next week I'll begin "interacting" more with Crew Scheduling.  Now, there's a concept!

No comments:

Post a Comment