Friday, February 14, 2014

TONY: JUST ANOTHER DAY!

My 4 immovables were just that.  I'm back on duty at 1100 today and am good for only 1 day.  Ironically, this one day is as high as I'm likely to be on FIFO for the month; I'm #7.  I have scheduled CQ for tomorrow and Sunday, breaking my 5-day duty period in half.  When I come back on duty  Monday and Tuesday, I'm buried toward the middle to end of reserve availability.

When I printed my 2/16 payroll voucher I got a bit of a shock.  My "clean-up" pay was there as usual but the normal 25:00 flight hours showed "0" and "0.00" pay.  I called Crew Pay yesterday morning and they must really be busy.  Got a prompt to leave a message, which I did.  The return call came this morning.  In the meantime, I checked my "Pay" screen under "Schedule" in CCS.  It showed my February 2014 guarantee to be 0:00, except for the 5:00 hours credit I'm receiving for CQ.  Apparently, when the Crew Scheduler did my line trade with Cybill, she did so manually, trip-by-trip, resetting my guarantee to "0".  When she re-instated my line with the Reserve duty, the 83:00 hour Reserve guarantee was never updated.  So, I was only paid for my clean-up time from January.  SW in Crew Pay said she would immediately put in the claim for the missing 25:00 hours but that Payroll wouldn't act on it until Monday and it probably wouldn't be paid until Wednesday.  Oh well...

On another note, my Mom is experiencing a pretty significant health issue in North Georgia and was hospitalized on Wednesday.  Because of the weather, there was no way for me to get there since all flights to Atlanta were cancelled for the entire period I was off.  Although my brother lives only 50 miles away, he couldn't get to her either because of the non-emergency vehicle restriction declared by Georgia's governor.  Yesterday, he successfully drove the 50 miles in spite of the restriction (he and I certainly considered his trip an emergency, anyway) and that is a relief!  But this situation presents another interesting consideration for my Reserve experiment:

Since I go back on R duty today and will be on duty for the next 5 days, including CQ, I would have to ED some or all of those days to get to my Mom.  (ED is Emergency Drop and, under the circumstances, my Supervisor advises that it would be with NO pay.)  Both my Mom and Brother assure me that all is well there and that I shouldn't worry about it but that's easier said than done.  Each day I EDNP, I will have 4 credit hours deducted from my 83 hour guarantee.  It's easy to see how being a lineholder in this situation would be an obvious advantage over facing the same situation on reserve!

Some days I think that I'm living proof that no good deed goes unpunished.  Then, I take a deep breath and see it for what it really is:  just another bump in the road.  If it weren't this, it would be something else...maybe something more severe.  I will take it as it comes and be happy with what I have.

One more day of living a dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment