Sunday, February 9, 2014

TONY: VACATION ON RESERVE

CORRECTION:  My assumption about CQ credit being added to my R guarantee is INCORRECT.  The 5 hours credit for CQ is included in my 83 hour base guarantee unless I actually fly more than 83 (which is exceedingly unlikely this month).  Thank you Rose O'Neall for the correction!

Two reasons that I chose to conduct my own Reserve experiment in February were:  (1) I have February CQ and (2) I don't have February vacation.  The CQ adds 5 additional hours to my guarantee since it is 2 days this year.  As for vacation, there are just too many variables that I didn't want to gamble with, such as:

"**RANT** As a reserve, I think it's unfair how if any of our days off touch our vacation days, we lose those days off. As a lineholder, if your trip touches your days off, they drop the trip(s). Especially if a reserve is awarded a line they didn't bid. **RANT OVER**.
  •  Is that sCO? That would suck!
  • 6 hours ago · Like · 2

  • AGREED!, We had a discussion about this on here about a month ago! This really needs to be addressed with the new contract. Vacation days need to be reinstated or the pay needs to be revisited.
    5 hours ago · Like · 5
  •  It's kind of a rip off
  •  One time I paid for my additional week of vacation and it fell into my days off... couldn't slide... scheduling called it a "wash".... That is THE WORST!!! grrrr....
  •  Reserves can SLIDE VACATION after bid awards to maximize days off.
  •  Not if it is not possible for operational needs.... and holidays with low coverage... also in my case people told me line trade with another reserve... I had a crappy line and nobody wanted it
  •  believe me I tried every means possible but it isn't always possible to slide a vacation.... that is why this is one issue that needs to be addressed in a new contract!!

No comments:

Post a Comment